Florida Association of Direct Support Professionals
The Florida Association for Direct Support Professionals’ (FADSP) mission is to promote the development of a highly competent human services workforce which supports individuals achieving their life goals. The FADSP is the official state chapter of the National Alliance for Direct Support Professionals (NADSP). The Florida Association of Rehabilitation Facilities is the sponsor of FADSP and provides administrative support.
The guiding principles of FADSP include:
- Enhance the status of direct support professionals.
- Provide better access for all direct support professionals to high quality educational experiences (e.g., in-service training, continuing and higher education) and lifelong learning which enhances competency.
- Strengthen the working relationships and partnerships between direct support professionals, self-advocates, and other consumer groups and families.
- Promote systems reform which provides incentives for educational experiences, increased compensation, and access to career pathways for direct support professionals through the promotion of policy initiatives (e.g., legislation, funding, practices).
- Support the development and implementation of a national volunteer credentialing process for direct support professionals.
The goals of FADSP include promoting the interests of the direct support workforce by:
- Promoting the direct profession as a viable career opportunity,
- Keeping FADSP members aware of pertinent nation and state issues,
- Exploring ways to make NADSP accredited credentialing programs available to direct support professionals in Florida, and
- Supporting and encouraging participation in legislative campaigns both on a state and national level.
To join FADSP and NADSP, check out our membership brochure.
Each year the Florida Alliance for Direct Support Professionals (FADSP) recognize DSPs across the state continuing to make a meaningful difference in the lives of the people we serve during DSP Recognition Week. The week of September 11-17, 2016, FADSP recognized the following individuals across Florida for their dedication and accomplishments: